The weekend is over. I worked all day on Saturday and on Sunday spent time with my son Alex. On Saturday morning I tried to finish up some things at the office and in the afternoon I met with some guys I have been helping out with business advice. It's essentially free business advice with the exception that they usually buy me a meal. The thing is, now that I'm on a diet, that doesn't really seem worth that much anymore.

There was a sig I saw on a forum that I kind of liked. "Being thin feels better than anything tastes." I agree with that sentiment, but it's still a challenge. I have been faithful on the diet, though my rate of weight loss has slowed. I promised myself I would not have unrealistic expectations and today revised my projected weight loss from 3 1/2 pounds per week down to 2 1/3. Basically, from a pound every 2 days down to a pound every 3 days. I think that is an achievable goal, and that would still get me at my target by January 1.

I started at 236, though I have been as high as 245 in the last year. I am now down to 218, which is a grand total of 18 pounds over the last four weeks. It finally really shows, and clothes are fitting more comfortably and I have more energy. Quitting alcohol is still the single biggest lifestyle change above and beyond simply changing how much and what kind of foods I eat.

I've decided that one of the things I plan to do, once I reach my weight goal of 180 and maintain it, is to go next summer without a t-shirt on all of the time. We do a lot of water activities, what with the boat and the swimming pool, and I refuse to go around without a shirt on right now. So, I have a ridiculous farmers tan, and am embarrased to be seen publically with a large beer belly. Fairly soon I intend to start working out to build muscle definition.

I have still been going hiking each weekend with my kids, and having a great time. However, I have been paying the price with terrible poison ivy each week. There is a new product called "Zanfel" that costs $35 for one tiny tube and they claim it will just wash poison ivy away. Well, that is simply a lie. The stuff doesn't work, though I imagine if you were to wash the area almost immediately after exposure it might help. However, once you have the evil rash, you just have to suffer through it as always.

So far we have been to "Castlewood State Park", "Cuivre River State Park", and, this weekend, "Babler State Park". Without a doubt Babler had the most awesome hiking trail so far. A winding trail all through the forest. We even had a large buck deer leap accross the path right in front of us. Next weekend we will go to "Rockwood' and possibly bike the Katy Trail as well. It's great exercise and nice to be outdoors.

I made another 16mm purchase last night. I got the 1938 production of Shaw's play "Pygmalion" for a song at only $39! This is an excellent british production and Shaw wrote the screenplay himself. My copy of "Huckleberry Finn" arrived this weekend. It had excellent color but quite a bit of wear, being a library print. This guy, Jeff Sutherland, is selling the entire Houston Public Library 16mm collection. I have picked up three prints so far, "The Hobbit", "Pygmalion", and "Huckleberry Finn". I will be selling "Huckleberry Finn", not so much that I am dissapointed with the quality of the print, but because I just don't care that much for the movie itself. I don't think I will have too much trouble breaking even.

Lastly, I have pretty much given up on any possibility of ever getting my films from Naushad in South Africa. This week I'm going to have to ask him for a refund. It's a shame, I really wanted those films.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason