Hmmm..the good news, high-definition TV on the highest end and largest model made is awesome. The bad news, a non-high-def input on such a TV looks like ass; and getting a high-def signal into your TV is a real pain in the butt.

There are two ways to get a high-def signal into your TV, one is using off air signals from local TV stations and the other is using a HD digital satellite receiver. Well, even though I bought a huge powered off air antenna, I cannot get a signal from where I live about 40 miles outside of St. Louis. It's very frustrating. Secondly, my high-def satellite receiver requires a special dish with three prongs that must point to three seperate satellites simultaneously. Well, I can get two of the three satellites but after days of messing with it I still can't get all three at once. So, now, I can only receive about 3 high-def channels, when I am paying for about 10. I guess I'm going to have to pay a professional installer to get this thing set up, because I am not having any success at this point. Most dissapointing is the off-air channels, which means I can't get Rams football games in high-def.

I kid you not, a non-high def signal on a TV this large and this high resolution looks terrible. Like trying to play a modern game at 320x200. Blech.

I've decided that I am going to take the kids hiking every weekend, at least until it gets too cold. We are going to try a different Missouri State Park each time. It's good exercise for me and the kids (I've lost 18lbs on Atkins in less than 3 weeks), and nice to get outside this time of year. Last weekend Alex and I went to Castlewood State Park where you hike along a bluff following the Meremac river. It's a vicious climb up and down the bluffs each way. We had quite a workout. Today we are going to hike Cuivre River state park. We are going to take our remaining golden retreiver with us, so she can get some exercise and not feel so lonely. Missy is several years younger than Clinton was, and she is still very active.

I just received one of my first new 16mm features in a while. I got a near-mint condition copy of the classic comedy "Mr. Mom" starring Michael Keaton and Teri Garr. What a great family friendly film to show! My friend Naushad in South Africa claims I may actually, for real, really, be receiving some prints next week. I have my doubts, since it's been well over six months now, but hope springs eternal. I would love to be a 16mm dealer, it would allow me to really refine my own collection at the same time.

Yesterday I took the kids to the Cardinals baseball game and we had a blast as the Cardinals destroyed the AAA Cincinati Reds team for 13 runs. Of course, it didn't hurt that the keystone cop Reds committed 5 errors. A very amusing game to watch. Today the Rams play their first game of the regular season, the Cardinals play, and Andy Roddick is going to try to win his first grand slam. A lot of sports, but I won't be watching. I'm doing stuff with the kids all day, a man has to have his priorities.

From our hiking trip today.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason