I'm trying to be very scientific about my weight loss plan. This morning the 'whoosh fairy' arrived and I dropped 3 pounds overnight after having been stalled for 3 days. That seems to be a typical profile from what I have heard. You diet like a bear but the scale doesn't move for 3 or 4 days in a row. Then you wake up one morning and drop two to three pounds overnight and, typically, it stays off.

I'm now down 21 pounds and so long as I keep losing 2 to 3 pounds per week my motivation is secured. You may have noticed I added a little snapshot icon on my blog page, just like Dave Metzener does on his. Of course, that is an old picture, from about 12 years ago, the last time I weighed 180 pounds. Now, due to age, I might not look the same when I get down to 180 this time. However, I think, other than a few wrinkles in the corner of my eyes, I will.



I have made some fine 16mm purchaes in the last week or so. I'm pleased that I picked up four new features. I plan to keep three of them. The ones I am hoping to add to my permanent collection are "The Hobbit", "Pygmalion", and "Mr. Mom". I want to do a showing of "The Hobbit" right before "The Return of the King" comes out.

For those of you who don't recall, here are some pictures from the Rankin/Bass version of "The Hobbit". I found these on the web, they are not from my print since it hasn't arrived yet. My hope is my print looks at least this good though.







Please click here to see my favorite Biblo Baggins music video.

You know..thinking about it, I bet Frodo's trip from the Shire to Mordor would have been a lot easier if he just would have had access to the internet. If only MapQuest were available in Middle Earth.....


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This evening I'm taking the kids to a Cardinals baseball game with tickets my daughter Lauren got for free. She won four free tickets for making straight A's in school. Tonight the promotion includes a free buffet of hotdogs, chips, and soda, so the kids should have a good time. Unfortunately the Cardinals are basically completely out of the race for the division, having dropped 4 of 5 to Chicago, and then 3 of 3 with Houston. It's a real shame, not being able to go to any playoff games this year. I am very hopeful for the team next year, but this season was just a terrible dissapointment.

And, lastly, I am adding links to David Metzener's new computer support site. If you have any issues with your home PC, performance, viruses, backup, networking, or just general information, Dave will come out to your house and fix everything. So..stop asking me, and start calling Dave!



P.S. One more little tidbit. Check this out, I was reviewing recent visitor site statistics and sometime in the last day a person found my web log after going to google and entering the following search request "flying pickets teen spirit mpeg". There are only three hits on the entire web, and I'm number two. What were they thinking??!

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason