Another Busy Weekend


(Missy is ready for Rocky Horror too!)

This was an insanely busy weekend which is only leading up to what is about to be an even more insanely busy weekend. I got up at 5:30am on Saturday morning and went to lodge to help with the Boy Scout pancake breakfast. This year we were absolutely smashed. I cooked pancakes solid for over an hour and once the crowd started showing up the pan was empty in about ten minutes! I just kept cooking as fast as I could for the entire morning. The parking lot was full the entire time and people were parking up and down on the city streets.

At then end of the morning we had served somewhere on the order of 500 people and had raised over $2,000 for the Boy Scout troop!

Of course, my day wasn't over yet. Next I went to a garage sale with my wife and decided to purchase a huge sectional sofa for $70. The sofa was in good shape, if not a little bit worn. We had to pack it up into our vehicles and get it set up in the basement. That is after taking down and moving a bed.

With that project done I took my son Alex up to Troy Lodge to assist with their Ham & Bean diner fundraiser. After a couple of hours helping them through the noon lunch rush we came back home. For my next project I went to Walmart and spent $200 on goodies for the raffle baskets we will be giving away at our fundraiser next weekend. Once I got home my wife and I decided to head back up to Walmart and purchase a television set for the new basement entertainment center. It was a behemoth to install and my wife got so frusrated with it she was about ready to return it to the store. Finally, we did get it all in-place and now the basement looks pretty amazing.

Of course, the evening was still young, and next I had to set up the back yard for a movie showing. My daughter Lauren was hosting a 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' party. I don't own RHPS on 16mm, I did have a copy at one time but it was a faded print and I returned it. Instead I set up my DVD player, surround system, and DLP projector for the event. I projected straight over top of the swimming pool to fill the 8ft x 8ft screen.

The party was well attended and proves, once again, that a bunch of 16 and 17 year old teenagers can have a lot of fun even when their evening is chaperoned and there is no alcohol. As the night went on people kept calling their friends telling them to show up, and the party eventually grew to about 30 people. If you recall, the end of the RHPS closes with a scene of all of the party guests jumping into a swimming pool. Even though it was a cool evening and the water in the pool was downright cold, everyone at the party jumped in at the end.

The most fun everyone had was dancing the 'Time Warp' of course. I plan to post some photographs from the evening. However, there are quite a few I can't post. Even though everyone was wearing more clothes than had they been wearing a bathing suit, some of the outfits were a bit scandalous. So, to prevent undue embarassment I will refrain from posting any of those images.

On Sunday the busy day continued with our DeMolay meeting where I had to provide the meal. We held our first initiation and the chapter performed their parts very well. I spent the afternoon doing yard work and purchasing everything we need for our pancake breakfast fundraiser next weekened.

In the meantime, I need to focus on work for the rest of this week. I hope you enjoy the photographs from the Rocky Horror Picture Show party.



















Comments

Unknown said…
I remember this...hey look I'm even in the last pic posted lol

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?