The Limey Birds at the Wentzville Renaissance Festival



In what is apparently becoming an annual tradition I once again attended the Greater Saint Louis Renaissance Festival held in Wentzville Missouri close to my home. Each year the Festival is plagued by bad weather, often times fighting heavy rains the few weekends it is hosted. However, that has not the case this year so far. Today was the first day of the festival and it is a beautiful day with modest temperatures in the mid 70's.

Once again I took my camera and tried to capture some of the colorful personalities who attend. And, once again, I focused most of my pictures on the comedy singing group 'The Limey Birds'. I wonder why I enjoy this group so much (besides the obvious) since it is the same act each year they perform. What makes the Limey Birds so entertaining, over and over again, is their sparkling personality and incredibly flexible facial expressions. If you don't believe me, just check out the photographs I took this afternoon.

As for a more general update, things have calmed down since my very busy past weekend. This morning I helped my wife clean the entire garage and carport; not particularly fun but, I suppose, it has to be done. This evening our neighbors are hosting a big party, so that's the plan for tonight. Tomorrow Troy DeMolay is holding one final flag football practice before conclave. On Memorial day weekend I will spend all of Saturday and Sunday at the State Capital in Jefferson City for State Conclave. This is always an exhausting event but a lot of fun for the chapter. The weekend following that I plan to drive about 24 hours in just a couple of days. On Thursday I will drive all day to Fort Benning Georgia so I can attend the boot-camp graduation ceremony for my son. I plan to spend the day with John on Friday and then drive back most likely Saturday or possibly Saturday and Sunday.

From then on it will be just a couple of weeks until my really big vacation in Paris and Rome. Man, if you thought this blog had some photographs before, wait until I return from that trip!

Once again, for your enjoyment, here are some pictures from the Renaissance Festival today.





































































































Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice pics:) We go sat! Woot! Can't wait to see your paris and rome pics! That will be a grand trip! Thanks for hooking me up with Eric! It was great meeting you today!

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?