Outside the Body of Adele Caelia



I got a chance to meet my first cyber-stalker on Wednesday at the office. Avid gamer Adele Caelia first tracked down my website by finding out that I am working on a game she is really quite eager to play. After leaving numerous bemused comments on my weblog, constantly wondering why there was so much crap here about Freemasons and not much crap about computer video games, I eventually devoted my first entire post to this video vixen.

A most interesting thing happened when Adele's husband left some odd comments on my weblog. I don't know if he felt threatened by a happily married, fat, and surprisingly boring old man, but it was entirely unnecessary. Nevertheless, I think Adele's husband has something to be worried about. He happens to married to a vivacious, fun, free spirited, and playful woman who embraces life, even if she lives much of it in the confines of imaginary video game worlds. That sort of thing is going to attract the attention of kindred spirits wherever she may go.

I'm one of those people who works in the computer game video industry but has no particular interest in ever actually playing a video game. I have only been passionate about playing a handful of computer games in my entire life. In fact, the list is quite short. Zork (Apple II), Fairy Tale Adventure (Amiga), Archon (Amiga), Cyberstrike (PC), Alone in the Dark (PC), and my own game called Scarab that was published by Electronic Arts. The only game I can still get passionate about is Scarab. For years I have wanted to develop a sequel and I often imagine that if I ever take an extended sabbatical I would finally finish writing Scarab Online, an MMO version of this first person action strategy game.

But, I digress, back to being outside of Adele's body. On Wednesday she, and her body, showed up at my office to conduct an interview with people on the 'Hero's Journey' team. She was able to swing this impressive gig using me as a contact. She spent all of her time talking to the game developers about their incredible creation, meanwhile I sat humbly in my office programming the mind numbing details of a multi-threaded implementation of physics cooking so that the engine wouldn't pause while performing real-time editing operations on heightfields. Yep, that's what I did.

After her interviews were over I made a point to get a photograph to share with my blog. I mean, here I was face to face with my first cyberstalker, I wasn't going to miss out on that chance.

Adele is a lovely woman, in more ways than one. Not only is her physical appearance attractive, but so is her spiritual presence as well. After all, one might suspect this to be true since the title of her blog is 'Inside the Mind of Adele Caelia' She was charming and pleasant and from what I heard the interview was a great success.

Before Adele left I made sure I took a moment to get her photograph to post on my blog.
Adele is the first individual I have met in person via my web log. Now, that is not to say that I wouldn't entirely enjoy meeting Right Worshipful Brother Christopher Hodapp, The Widow's Son, Brother Greg Stewart, or Brother Tom Acousti. It just so happens that fair Adele lives close by and I was able to have a meet and greet with no great effort.

I look forward to meeting more of my Internet brethren some day. I can only say for now that meeting Adele created a small bright spot in a work week for me, and even motivated me to say something, just a little bit of something, about my job here on my site.


A photograph of our new kitten playing with the hat I purchased for my daughter at the Renaissance festival



A photograph of Adele on the left and myself on the right taken at the office on Wednesday. So Mote it Be.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That was very nicely written John! Thanks so much for getting me out there! I really did have a blast. It was a really good time!

You all are great!
Widow's Son said…
Adele,

I think Bro. John is gonna turn you into a famous femme fatale, even moreso than lonelygirl15.

Maybe he'll make you a character in "Scarab 2: Adele's Adventure in Masonicland."


Widow's Son
BurningTaper.com
Anonymous said…
John,

Thanks for pointing out that Adele is the person on the left in the picture.

:-)

Greg M
Tom Accuosti said…
JR, next time make it more pics of Adele and fewer of you. I already know what fat, boring married men look like when I look in the mirror.

Meeting cyber friends in real life is always an odd situation. I was active on a Masonic newsgroup for a good five years before I had a chance to meet one of the regulars on a trip to California last year.

Interestingly, though, another member did come across the state for my EA degree. It was strange because I knew him better than I knew most of the other guys at my lodge. For a couple of years I was known as "the internet Mason."

Great post. I'm looking forward to a trip up to your place to help you with all the beer that you're going to be buying with your Google points.
Traveling Man said…
Lucky You! (Although my wife might take exception to my having a similar experience.)

I work in IT Security, and have a broad interest in IT generally. (Right now I'm playing with expert systems and neural nets.)

If I may ask a question, is Poser(TM) a decent package to try one's rendering skills on? I've mucked about with POV Ray and had fun, but I found that it is impossible for me to render a human figure in.

(Great blog BTW)

Traveling Man

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?