I received my copy of "War of the Worlds" last night. The color is pretty faded, so I'm not quite so thrilled with having paid $300 for it. Nevertheless, it is a pretty clean print other than that and certainly something I can show over the summer. What I will do is put it up for auction at the beginning of October in time for Halloween and probably get most or all of my money back. It will be a hoot to show this year. I'm really looking forward to it getting closer to summer so I can plan out my film festival. I now own 10 feature films. I probably won't show all 10, definitely not "It's a Wonderful Life" which I just showed this past Christmas.

I will be showing films at a few different venues. This will include our backyard around the swimming pool, where I hope to build a very large projection screen; on the order of 20 feet or so if at all possible. We will also show films off of our neighbor's dock, Our friends Rob and Lisa who live down the street have a house right on the lake, directly across from Windjammer. They have a great house, backyard, and dock. We will set up the screen and projector so people can pull their boats up and watch from the lake. This way kids will be able to get into the water and swim and also go into and out of the house if they need to. It will also provide a great place to socialize once the movie is over.

Still my favorite venue, is the boat itself. Once I get my solar panel and deep cell battery system set up, I should be able to show full length movies right on my pontoon boat. I think some people don't care for this because they feel 'trapped' on the boat for the whole movie. They can't get up and walk around, go to the restroom, or otherwise socialize. I understand this, and that's why I will be showing movies at different venues. However, sometimes I really do want to just float out in the middle of the lake and watch a movie under the stars and the moon. It's really kind of magical.

Another venue for showing movies is at the community association clubhouse. This is nice because it accomodates a large group of people and there is a full service bar and resturant available. This works out well if you have to deal with inclement weather.

I will post my schedule later in the year when I can firm up dates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason