Well, if you went to the Comedy Forum to see Mike Green, let me know. By the way, the Comedy Forum is hosting "Bobcat Goldthwait", on April 11 and 12. I'll be sure to catch that show!

Some interesting Blogger news. Blogger was just bought by Google. I don't know what that really means, but it's interesting I suppose. An awful lot of people are blogging these days including, of all people, Dave Barry!

The whole family went to the movies tonight. I don't know what I was thinking, because I went to the Clarkson 6. I walked into the movie theatre and was like...what!?? I've got a bigger movie screen in my living room. Of course, that's a ridiculous exageration, but these miniscule screening rooms that barely hold a hundred people and have a relatively tiny screen, seem very dissapointing. For the price of a movie ticket these days I expect stadium seating, THX sound, and a huge screen that lets me count the pores on people's noses.

The movie we saw was "Shanghai Knights" with Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson. We really liked the first one "Shanghai Noon" a lot. My general assesment was that "Shanghai Noon" was a much better comedy and this one had much better kung fu. Jackie Chan does an homage to "Singin' in the Rain" that is a masterpiece to be seen. The Academy should use it in a clip sequence this year. I love dance, and I think Jackie Chan is nothing less than our modern day Fred Astaire.

I am brainstorming on how to get a large movie screen for this summer. I have no firm ideas yet. Currently I own a 72" tripod screen that works superbly. However, I would love to go bigger, bigger, bigger. You can buy a 96" tripod screen now. I just wonder if that would seem bigger 'enough' to justify the purchase; and would I be satisfied with an 8 foot screen? What I really want is a 20 foot screen, but how to get it?

One option available would require I only spend as much money as, say, a new car. Check this bad boy out.

Of course, that screen is just a puppy compared to this:



Here's a link to a web page showing one of these monsters getting set up.

One idea I have is building a screen on a floating platform that I could drop anchors from. The only thing I'm concerned about is if the projector is on my boat and the screen is floating free, how do I keep the two aligned.

Here are some pictures of such a screen in action:





Here's a link to a whole web page of photographs of these inflatable screens at different venues in Europe.

I still have some time to work out the details, but I know I'm not spending $5,000 on the project. I'm thinking something with PVC pipe might be light, relatively inexpensive, and durable.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason