What is there to talk about? Apparently not much. I did show my copy of 'ET' to my kids late Saturday night. They enjoyed it, but upon viewing the entire film I realize that it is not nearly as good condition as I originally thought. I don't think I found a single splice in it, but it does have baseline scratches throughout (a little annoying) and the color is slightly faded (very annoying to me). That makes three expensive films I have bought recently all with faded color. I don't know if my expectations are too high or not. I really treasure my prints with perfect color, that's for sure. Most of these films with faded color are perfectly watchable and enjoyable, but as for something to collect as an investment, I think they are a waste of my money. I will sell each of them in the fall and hopefully make a modest profit on each, so long as I describe them accurately and provide lots of high resolution digital photographs.

I just won a copy of an "I Love Lucy" episode on Ebay (uncut, commercial free). It's the only TV print I have ever bought. I was never that interested in owning a TV print, but I figured I should own at least one, and you can't beat "I Love Lucy". One of my 16mm film collector friends thinks TV prints are great because they are short and because no one has ever seen classic shows like "I Love Lucy" on film. He says it's really cool to see a classic TV show projected up on a huge screen. TV prints generally just cost about $50. There are lots of them because before video tape TV stations all broadcast from film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason