Happy Valentines Day! I received my first TV print today and man, what a fantastic seller. It's amazing quality, and my 16mm friend was right, watching a classic like "I Love Lucy" on film is a wonderful experience. I'm really thrilled. So thrilled I just bought 3 more "I Love Lucy" episodes and one "Mary Tyler Moore". The seller was offering "Buy it Now" and, to be honest, offering the prints at about half the price I have normally seen them close on Ebay.

Now, I'm not quite John Miles yet, but I do make my little Ebay investments. Meanwhile, John buys and sells equipment like this item for more money than my entire 16mm film collection cost! John is some kind of whizkid electronics genius or something, so he buys obscure electronics equipment none of us have ever heard of, fixes it up, uses his surprisingly superior marketing skills, and sells them at a huge profit. Heck, I believe he's going to retire from game programming and be a full time Ebayer. That must be true if he can casually bid on items like this while *at the same time* bidding on this which he WON!! I take it as quite a compliment that John Miles almost impulse bought the same sports car I already own. Unfortuantely John didn't actually get the car, since the reserve price wasn't met. I don't know why the reserve wasn't met since that bid, for a 1990 Quad, seems quite reasonable to me.

Here are some lovely small photographs of the model car I own and John was bidding on, the Alfa Romeo Spider. He was bidding on a 1990 Quad and I have a 1993 Veloce.







I believe John told me one time that he starts all of his auctions at $1 with no reserve. He even put up a brand new Corvette Convertible for auction on Ebay that way once.

But...hey..I just got a copy of "Mary Tyler Moore" for only $20. At least I don't have embarassing purchases on my record like this item John just picked up. He claims it's a gift for his girlfriend, but I think he needed it to comfort him at night and remind him of Austin, Texas while he is huddled in the rain up there in Seattle.

Enough Ebay talk, back to movies. I can now officially announce one movie showing date for the upcoming year. Lake St. Louis started a concert series last year which was a great success. They just released their schedule for this year but, unfortunately, only one of the concerts is at Windjammer Marina on a weekend. Out of six concerts, only two are on the lake, and the other is on a Thursday night? What the hell is up with that!? The concerts typically start fairly early and are over a littler after it gets dark. I plan to show a movie after the concert is over on the boat. When the concert ends there will be dozens and dozens of boats on the lake, and anyone interested can pull up, drop anchor, and enjoy the film.

The date for the concert and movie is:

Saturday, August 16, Ralph Butler Band (Motown)

The Ralph Butler Band is excellent, and was great fun last year.

That's the news for today.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason