I just impulse spent 3 grand. Why? Because my job said we could take a four day weekend. I'm not supposed to talk about my job on this blog, so I won't. But those of you who know me can probably guess the implication of this statement. A 2 day weekend is something that has been an alien concept to me for some time. The notion of having a four day weekend, unrevokable, is a staggering concept. What to do, what to do? Staying at home hardly seems a viable option. Going somewhere warm, some place far, far, far, away from internet access. That would definitely fit the bill. So, can you impulse purchase your way out of this problem? Sure, rack up a credit card and anything is possible.

So, this Friday morning, we will be flying to Miami to board one of those Carnival Cruise ships, this one is called "Fascination", and taking a 3 day cruise that will get us back home late on Monday. It has one stop, Nassau in the Bahama's. It will be myself, Terry, and Alex. The primary goal is to relax, read, and soak up warmth and beauty. That's it. Nothing complicated. So, does the money even matter? Does it matter that I might spend months paying for an impulse purchase 3 day forced vacation? I think the answer is undoubtably yes. Considering what I will probably be doing for those months, and what I have been doing for months past, why not? If I die I don't think my most important regret will be that I took a vacation with my family and afforded them some moment of reward.

Since I now own a digitial camera, expect to see photographs of very, very, blue water in a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason