Well, I kind of got my comment system to work. I had a really nice dialouge with Dave and Lynn about music theft and parents being aware of what kind of materials their kids have access to on the computer. Now my comment system is manually linked to just one set of comments. Great....

I am getting pretty psyched about my vacation starting this Friday. We are frantically trying to get everything ready for the long trip. Still having problems with my Alfa Romeo. If I had known two years ago I would have been putting this much money into the car I would have gotten rid of it and bought something new. Now I feel like I have too big an investment in it to write it off. I just recently put a new exhaust system on it, front to back, and had to have a new transmission mount installed. The suspension is shot, I have a wheel bearing going bad and all of the springs need to be replaced. The transmission is a mess, the synchro's won't mesh without grinding. In the last couple of weeks I have experienced a loss of power and on the last tank of gas the car went from getting 32 miles to the gallon down to 20. It wouldn't pass state emissions because it's just shooting gas out the exhaust instead of burning it. Hopefully it's just fouled plugs. In addition to all of this trouble the car has been using oil. They found one oil leak in the gasket on the top of the oil cap that we spewing oil around the engine compartment. That's fixed, and maybe that is what fouled the plugs. It's a problem to be for sure. All I want to be able to do is putter around town in my lovely car..hopefully that can still happen. I just hate making payments now that I finally own all of my vehicles free and clear. Even with all of these repair bills, now thousands of dollars, it's still less than I would make in car payments on a new car by a long shot...

In Cardinal news Garret Stephenson saved his sorry butt by pitching a fantastic complete game win against the Expos in an away game last night. That was certainly refreshing. Right now trade rumors are flying about J.D. Drew, our perennially injured right fielder, with a lot of talent if he would only play every day. He's a potent part of our offense, but we already have an overwhelmingly potent offense, with Pujohls, Edmonds, Renteria, and Rolen. We could desperately use some quality starting pitching more than we need another bat right now. I support the idea of a trade only so long as we get a truly quality pitcher. Not some up and coming rookie, or somebody who used to pitch good a long time ago. We need some star pitching and now. We are two games back in the central division, barely over .500 in a very weak division. We should easily be 10 to 15 games ahead but due to lack of relief pitching for the first half of the season we blew many, many, games. With a positive trade and some improvements with our current pitching staff we might be able to win the division. However, this team actually getting to the World Series this year is not likely.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason