As promised I'm going to try to finish up this vacation series. This last post is mostly just a photo-album of our friends at a BBQ on the Fourth of July.

Vacation Day #14 : Friday, July 4 : On July 4th our plan was simply this. Our friends Rob and Lisa have a house right on the lake. Each year they throw a BBQ that is equally mixed with boating throughout the day. In the evening we always watch the fireworks show put on by by the city. The fireworks show is always by the dam and goes off directly over the lake. It is truly magical watching the fireworks reflect off of the water. It's not a very big budget affair, in fact it is produced almost entirely based on donations from the community, but it makes up for it based on location. This single night has more boats on the water than any other day of the year. It seems virtually everyone who owns a boat in Lake St. Louis takes it out on that night. There must have been 500 boats on the Lake and it was a sight to behold. I didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or simply be discouraged, but there were a whole lot of copy-cats on the lake that night. I was the first person in Lake St. Louis to rig up their boat with strands and strands of rope lights powered by a huge deep cell battery. In fact, I was the only person with such dramatic lighting on their boat for as many years as I've been on the lake. However, as I said in a previous post, a lot of people were really impressed by my light set up and they paid me the highest compliment by stealing the idea. I am saddened to say, disco ball and all, I did not have the most festively lit boat on the lake that night. There was one boat with nearly twice as many lights as I had, including a large American flag made of lights as well. I don't think I am going to rise to this challenge though. Let them win, I won't escalate this conflict any higher than it already is.

After the fireworks show we headed back to Rob and Lisa's dock and I showed the film classic "Bringing Up Baby" with Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant on 16mm. The show had a few hitches. For some reason, my batteries gave out, even though they should have had a full charge. However, since we were doing it off of Rob's dock we were able to bring over an extension cord to get power. Then, at one point in the evening the table I had set the projector on collapsed and scared the crap out of me. Fortunately it fell straight down, not over, and even though it was all very dramatic, no harm was done. It was really neat because Rob's Mom, who is about 80 years old, sat and watched the entire movie and it was actually her first time seeing it! My friend Rob Mocca and his wife came to enjoy the events of the day.

So, that's pretty much it, here are the photos.


Girls just want to have fun.


Alise and Jamie shooting pool.


Lenny and I hanging out at the BBQ with a fresh draft from the keg in hand.


A nice pic of Alise.


Sarah seems very happy with her hamburger.


Megan enjoying one of John's hotdogs.


Patty holding Mike and Heather's new baby Ashley.


Heather and Megan, cute and cuter.


Future lady killer Cole.


Have baby, will travel.


I found this photo at www.hot-lsl-mom.com, go figure.


Steven and his girlfriend Stephanie.



Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason