Vacation Day #7 : Friday evening, June 27 : Even though my vacation has been over for a week, I still intend to complete my vacation series. I tried to take photographs each day and I intend to finish my little photojournal. I got some nice responses from my last post. Apparently I'm not the only one who found the jealous boyfriend photograph amusing.

Today I went to garage sales in the morning and found an HP Office Jet copier for $10. That's a printer that cost over $1,000 new! When I went to Office Max to pick up cartridges and a printer cable it cost $180 for the supplies; 18 times the cost of the printer! Fortunately the printer worked great and the ink will probably last for over a year. Unfortunately, while I was inside Office Max some asshole backed into my Alfa and drove off after leaving a big dent in the side that will probably cost me $500 to get fixed. What total crap. Oh well, what can you do. This evening we are going to the Lua at the Lake St. Louis CA. We went two years ago and it was completely lame, but hope springs eternal and even if it sucks there is a baseball game on in the bar. Nice to have a backup plan. Tomorrow I have tickets to the Cardinals and I will be taking all of my kids.

Now, back to the vacation. On day #7 my best friend John Obershelp came by with his family. I met John over 20 years ago and we have been good friends ever since. He comes back to St. Louis about once a year to visit his family and we always try to get together. In the morning one of our neighbors was having a garage sale and they had an inflatible raft for sale. What made the raft unique was that it was heavy canvas and actually had a motor mount on the back. This appeals to me because I love the idea of being able to have a motorized boat I can fit into the back of my Alfa! I went to Walmart and purchased a small battery and a trolling motor. Alex and I set the boat up in the back yard and drove it around our swimming pool for practice.

On Friday I was determined to give John, Alisa, Hans, and Mason the complete Lake St. Louis experience. In the early afternoon we went out onto the boat and took everyone tubing and swimming. Aftwards we came back to the house and the kids went swimming while I cooked up a feast of middle eastern flavored kabobs. In the evening I set up the 16mm projector and showed "Lady and the Tramp" on the boat after dark. It was an excellent day and I know they all had a great time!

Here's Alex in the boat trying it out.

You won't see too many pictures of me, but here's a shot of me trying out the boat myself.

John and Hans tubing.

Another shot of John and Hans. Hans looks like he's having fun, but I'm not so sure about the expression on John's face.

John and I discussing the merits of sea salt on our meal.

John, Alisa, Hans and Mason relaxing on the boat before the movie.

Alex and Kyle watching the movie from the back of the boat.



Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason