The first ever issue of the MoDeMolay E-Newsletter



I just finished my first issue of the new MoDeMolay E-Newsletter. In the past I was working on a newsletter just for our chapter of DeMolay. You can see our last issue here. It turns out that the executive officers for the State were impressed by our newsletter and asked me to become the 'Director of Communications' for the State wide newsletter.

So, for the past several weeks I have been working on this rather huge project. I figure most of the work is getting the first two issues together and then, after that, things will be fairly boiler-plate. I do have the assistance of the state scribe to help me as well. Unless the individual chapters get involved and submit their own content, I won't be updating the basic template of the newsletter all that often.

It was certainly a lot of work to put this thing together but I do have a real sense of accomplishment now that it is done.

I have been putting this newsletter together with a piece of desktop publishing software called 'Art Explosion Publisher Pro' by Nova Development. This $99 piece of software is simply incredible. Considering all of the complexity involved in trying to create a newsletter the software is fairly easy to use. However, the best part of all is that it comes with a massive selection of highly polished and professional templates that you can edit to suit your own needs.

If you want to make a slick looking newsletter for your organization I can't recommend this product enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason