Today I finally got a complete tour of the New Masonic Temple building where my lodge Naphtali #25 meets. I went with my nephew Charlie Ratcliff and Right Worshipful Brother Chris Newbold. What an absolutely amazing experience! I won't go on about it here, since I presented it already on my website dedicated to the facility. Here is the photo-gallery of images I took today.

On Thursday afternoon I received a phone call from my sister to let me know my father was in the VA hospital. It seems he started bleeding out and was told to come to the hospital right away. Upon examination they discovered that he had colon cancer and scheduled emergency surgery on Friday. I got up early Friday morning to drive to Columbia, Missouri to see him before he went into surgery. I told him to be positive in his attitude and not worry about negative outcomes. I stayed around until his surgery was complete and it was seemingly very successful. He is progressing well and there is every reason to believe, at this time, that they have been succesful.

Tomorrow my daughter Lauren turns 16 years of age. She is going to have a party at my friend David Whatley's house who has been generous enough to let the kids use his indoor swimming pool. By the way, did anyone who reads this blog view the video I uploaded in the last post? I am curious to hear your feedback.

An 80 year old stained glass window in the New Masonic Temple. Roughly 12feet tall.

Sean McNeil performing the Ceremony of Lights at the Troy DeMolay Installation of Officers.

Dad McNeil and Dad Ratcliff taking the oath of office during the installation ceremony for Troy DeMolay.

Alex Ratcliff being sworn in as Chaplain for Troy DeMolay.

Sean McNeil being sworn in as Senior Councilor.

Kyle McNeil being installed as Master Councilor.

Alex's 13th birthday party.

Alex's friends bowling for his birthday party.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Two thumbs up -- she showed a major improvement in poise and presence as the video went on. Can't wait for the sequel! (Although we never found out exactly what Mr. McGhee was an expert at.)

Was that one of her teachers who couldn't name a single SC justice?
Yep, that was one of the teachers. I'm glad you watched her video John.

Are you going to be at GDC? As things stand I will be skipping it this year.
Anonymous said…
Nah, I'm in the process of moving back over to Kirkland. Maybe next year.

The temple photos look great, too, btw. I can't imagine what kind of gear they must have needed to take the shot of that huge crowd at the dedication in 1926. It was clearly a *huge* deal for the community.
Garrett said…
Nice pictures! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason