Well, I got a shipment of films from Naushad. It did not include the films I paid for. This package contained 13 feature films that Naushad wanted me to sell for him. Turns out, of course, the films are in terrible condition. They have sat in storage for about 20 years, and at the time they were put there they suffered from extensive wear. Most of the splices are old and ready to break. The film is brittle and needs to be cleaned. When I clean a section of film, my rag is covered with black filth.

Surprisingly, the films generally do not have any fade. They generally have excellent color, good contrast and sound. However, they are scratched up to all hell,and are not worth much money. I imagine after selling them all I will make enough money to cover the original shipping cost from South Africa and not much more.

Naushad is sending two more batches, one of which is supposed to contain the prints I paid for. I suspect there will be a few hidden gems in these piles of trash. For example, one print of the TV movie 'Elvis" with Kurt Russell and directed by John Carpenter, was actually quite nice.

I'm dissapointed, but not utterly. I just realize this is not going to be much of a money making venture, but it's still fun to have access to a lot of feature films. I feel like it is a good education to become familiar with such a wide variety of movies.

Here is the list of the films contained in the first shipment:

Pink Panther, The
Point, The (TV)
Elvis (TV)
Band of Angels
And Soon the Darkness
Mechanic, The
French Connection II, The
Torn Curtain
Thieves Like Us
No Name on the Bullet
Devil-Ship Pirates
Pinocchio
Play Misty For Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason