I just added a new feature film to my collection yesterday. I won a copy of "A Raisin in the Sun" from my friend Steven Sigel for only $70. Even though my wish list is composed mostly of animation, comedies, and science fiction, I still like to add classics to my stable as well.



I have just started collecting the closing prices of features in my 'must have' list. This allows me to track availability, current owner, and the price the film sold for so I can budget accordingly.

For example, here are some films that recently closed that I would like to own some day.

"Time Bandits" : closed at $180. Actually this was a big mistake, I meant to win this auction but didn't get my bid placed in time.

"Ghostbusters" - $590
"Raiders of the Lost Ark" - $1,025
"Star Wars" - $2,025
"The Empire Strikes Back" - $1,634

As you can see, this ain't a cheap hobby.

Halloween is coming up and my wife had a neat idea. She suggested we project "The Wizard of Oz" on the side of the house when trick-or-treaters are coming by. I was reading the 16mm film forum this morning, and it turns out that most film collectors do the same thing, though they typically show classic monster movies.

Now, my biggest news of all. My movies from Naushad in South Africa are finally showing up!!! "> Somewhere around seven months ago I sent a lot of money to a guy in South Africa for a bunch of movies. They will be here on Friday, I'm so excited I can't wait!

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason