I have been tracking my weight loss progress, weighing myself daily, since I started my diet on August 20th, 70 days ago.

I have lost 25 pounds so far, but want to lose another 31 pounds to reach my goal.

Like many, I lost a lot of weight in the first two weeks, then weight loss slowed. I began to have stalls, but then the weight loss would pick up. In recent weeks I have started to have problems cheating on the weekends. I am going to have to build up some will power and stick more rigidly to the diet to continue the weight loss.

The main reason for 'cheating' is that my clothes are falling off of me, and I am so pleased to have lost 25 pounds. I look better and feel better, and I am not gaining weight. I have a personal motivation issue to start getting hard core for the next push to continue the weight loss progression.

I have adjusted my expecations and realize this is a long haul. If I lose no more than an average of one pound a week, I will still be completely satsified.

All that preamble aside, I wanted to post the weight loss graph over time. There are 70 data samples and while not everyone's weight loss profile is the same, this clearly indicates the mini stalls, whooshes, and day to day up and downs you hear about Atkins. Moreover, is shows a steady downward trend over time. Even though the pace has slowed (caused as much by my own backsliding as anything else) the trend stays in a healthy direction.

The data points on this graph were taken at the same exact time, every morning, on the same digital scale. Between evening and morning I 'lose' between 2 to 5 pounds each night. So, if I weigh 215 when I go to bed, when I wake up the scale shows 212 or 213 typically. These data points are only the morning measurements and indicate day-to-day variability. Note that 'wooshes' are often followed by a next day weight 'gain' which will then stabilze to the 'woosh' amount a few days later.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason