Car crash update. I was unable to get a tow truck out yesterday, so this morning I thought to myself...hmmm..I wonder if the car even drives? So, I went to the crash site and tried to start the car. It started up but died. Then I popped the hood and saw the air flow hose was disconnected and I put it back togther. This time it started and ran normally. So, I started giving it some gas and after scraping around a telephone pole I got it out of the ditch.

Since the car hit the telephone pole broadside, on the passenger side, it is mechanically sound. Meaning nothing happened to the engine or the drive train. The frame is bent, but all of the wheels are clear. Basically the whole passenger side door is now shaped exactly like a telephone pole. I drove it home, and it drove fine. There is so much body damage, the entire passenger side pretty much destroyed, that it would cost far more than the value of the car to fix. However, it does run fine and would be a great parts car for somebody. So I'm going to either sell it to my mechanic or post it on Ebay this weekend. I'll probably get a few hundred bucks for the car since it is at least drivable.

Thanks for the kind words of support. It is much appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason