Only a very small post to make note that today I am celebrating the one month anniversary of starting a blog site. This is very important to me for two reasons. First, because I made a promise to myself that I would establish a blog and maintain it in memory and tribute to Suz Dodd. In the short time I have had this blog site I have reconnected with old friends, inspired some to update their own blogs, and have had some fun with it. The second reason I am celebrating, is that I am proud that I have been able to maintain a fairly personal blog site for this long and have not mentioned work once. I don't think anyone reading this site would necessarily know what I do for a living, where I work, or what my work situation is like. I am very proud of that fact. I am working very hard to draw a clear distinction between my responsiblities with whatever form of employment I might have and my personal life. I heard a line in a movie once that made a real impression on me. A son was in his mother's office at work and asked her, "Why are there no pictures of me on your desk?" Her response was a simple piece of advice, "Never confuse where you work with where you live."

I think this is an important philosophy to have in life. That is not to say you can't have friends who you work with. Nevertheless, keep whatever social relationships you have outside of work and distinct from the office environment. That's about all I have to say on this subject. I intend to keep this site pure, and I hope to continue to update it from time to time in the coming years. I have really enjoyed reconnecting with old friends, especially Jeff and Steph when they came to my Christmas party this year. It was a real delight to have Tom and Suzan Zelinski there as well. I look forward to spending more time socializing with my friends in the years to come, because those relationships, in addition to the ones you have with your family, are the most important.

On that note, I would like to ask anybody who is planning to come by tomorrow evening for the showing of "It's A Wonderful Life" to give me and Terry a call. I think the current plan is to start at 6:00pm with some cartoons for the kids, then start the movie at 7:00pm with two intermissions at reel changes. That way we should finish the movie by 10:00pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason