Last night there was a concert on the lake. We cooked dinner on the boat and were docked along side a bunch of friends. The concert was Island music, mostly Jimmy Buffet stuff. Once again, I made pitchers and pitchers of smoothies with my solar energy. When it got dark I fired up the patriotic rope lights I had wrapped around the entire boat. Four strands of rope lights, 18 foot each, for a total of 72 feet of lights! I got quite a reaction from them, let me tell you. We must have had twenty people come by and ask about the lights. I heard more than one person ask their spouse "How come we don't have lights like that on our boat?" It made our boat extremely festive and, of course, very well lit. Lots of people wanted to know how I powered the lights and I showed off the solar panel and Frankenstein's laboratory of batteries, wires, and cables behind it.

I also announced to everyone that we will be showing a movie on the lake immediately after the 4th of July fireworks. I expect a pretty big crowd for that showing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason