I brief follow-up on the subject of memory. This is just the kind of feedback I was interested in getting. David Metzener sent me this email about his own difficulties with memory and how he reacted to the ancient photographs I have posted. The thing is, they aren't really that ancient. In the mid 80's I worked at St. Louis University Hospital and helped David get on there as well. Later my boss formed a company called 'Cardiosoft' to do biomedical software applications. I hired a kid out of college named "Mark Glaenzer". Mark, Dave, and I all worked on the software project at 'Cardiosoft', which was being done under contract for Biosensor Corporation. Mark Glaenzer went on to Minneapolis to work for Biosensor. I suspect that will be enough to jar Dave's memory loose.

I wonder if it's possible to piece back together a lost memory? I think I'm going to attempt to form a basic history of my life. This is something that will be very spotty to begin with, and then through old photographs and help from my less memory impaired friends, try to flesh it out. I am even thinking about going to a hypnotherapist and see if I can 'recover' my lost memories, just like those alien abductees do all of the time.

Nevertheless, here is David's email. (Dave it you meant for this to be private, let me know and I'll take it off.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheesh! A murder mystery party... I don't remember that party, but I must have been there. I still have that tie somewhere.

Memory isn't one of my qualities either. I remember John, but Mark Glaenzer, not so much... He looks familiar.

My memories, go back as far as a sophomore in high school, and that's about it. I have some happy memories from grade school and some unhappy ones. Some first names, but not enough to look them up.

I remember one girl I met at JA (Junior Achievement). We became close friends, she played the piano, and I remember really liking that. I always liked people who could make music. She was going to teach me to dance, but for some reason, we lost contact, and I haven't seen/talked to her since. Of all my lost memories, I think I miss her the most.

I remember the early days at Milliken with Bob Cobb, Dave (was it Dave) the man who later died of AIDS, John Obershelp of course, Eric Solden. There were others, but names are not coming.

There are many times I wish I had a time machine, so I could go back and see my life again (not re-live it!).

Ahh well...
--
David E. Metzener

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason