Paris and Rome Vacation Photogallery






As I stated in a previous post I purchased a painting from an artist in Piazza Navona while in Rome. Today I was able to take some photographs of it and I am proud to upload them to my site. These are high-res images so go ahead and click on them to get a bigger picture.I tried a couple of filters on the picture but you really need to see it in person to capture the subtlty of this beautiful oil painting.

Today I ordered a really nice classical baroque frame to showcase it in.It took hours to go through all of the photographs from the trip and keep just the ones that were relevant. I don't know if any of them are high art. My primary purpose with the photographs is so that I can use them as a way to enhance and retain my memory of the experiences we had. These Churches in Rome are beyond imagination. Every single Church staggers the senses one, after the other. Only Saint Peters stands above them all as numbing you with its grand scale and opulence. Of course photographs can barely begin to capture any sense of that.

I also captured a whole bunch of short quick-time movies on my digital camera. I have no idea when I will find time to organize them into something coherent.In the meantime, here is a link to the photo-gallery. I have uploaded all of the HTML and all of the thumbnails.

The higher-resolution images are still in the process of being transferred, so don't be suprised if there are some missing links. I think there are nearly 800 photographs here so it is a bit overwhelming.

Every now and then I do believe some of these photographs are really special. Feel free to use them as you wish, just let me know if you do, I would enjoy seeing them spread across the web.

John Ratcliff's Paris and Rome Vacation 2007 in Picture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason