As Promised, pictures of Old Men wearing Aprons


Right Worshipful Brother Chris Neubold and myself at Mizpah Mount Moriah.


Right Worshipful Brother Chris Neubold and myself at Mizpah Mount Moriah.


Right Worshipful Brother Chris Neubold and myself at Mizpah Mount Moriah.


The installing officers


Worshipful Brother Chris Baldas being installed as the Worshipful Master of Naphtali Lodge #25


Myself getting installed as Junior Warden of Naphtali #25


Worshipful Brother Jesse Jannusch being installed as the Secretary of Naphtali #25


Worshipful Brother Jesse Jannusch being installed as the Secretary of Naphtali #25



My son Alex and my nephew Matthew

Yesterday I was installed as Junior Warden of Naphtali Lodge #25 at the beautiful lodge used by Mizpha Mount Moriah. Worshipful Brother Chris Baldas was installed as the new Master and it was a lovely ceremony. The refreshments were fantastic thanks to Lisa Baldas and her family. I'm very excited about the upcoming year at Napthali Lodge; I hope we can continue the growth we began to see last year.

Remember that on October 19, 2006 I will be making a special presentation on the Building of the Temple. October is the 80 year anniversary of the dedication of the facility and I wanted to celebrate that, even if it is just in a small way. I am working on a power point presentation with a lot of pictures and a history on the building to share with the craft.

On Thursday October 19th, at our regular stated communication, we will hold a short business meeting on the 1st degree at 7:00pm. All Master Masons will be invited. Immediately afterwards I will be giving my educational lecture on the building of the temple. This is going to be an *open* presentation. Bring your wife, family, or even DeMolay chapter. We welcome visitors to the lodge. It can hold about 250 people, so there is plenty of room. There is no tour scheduled for that evening. However, you will be allowed to go to the 3rd floor and experience the granduer of the stunning Blue Lodge that can be found there.

If you are thinking of coming, or have questions, please email me.

I did have an unusual experience at the installation ceremony. I Brother I had never met came up to me afterwards and said, "It's nice to meet you Brother John, I wanted to ask your permission to publish something off of your website." This was a 73 year old Right Worshipful Brother and all I could think was, oh no! Apparently when I made my post on 'What do Freemasons actually 'do'?" it really hit a nerve with a lot of people. The only thing is, I am not entirely happy with that post. It had a bunch of extraneous material in it and way too many exclamation marks. I offered to at least do some minor edits on it before he sent it out.

How unusual to think that I can write a commentary here and it can resonate not only with my internet brethren but even members within my own jurisdiction. I again think of the magnification effect of the interent. While there may be four million Freemasons in the world there is a relatively small voice on the Internet. I see a few dozen blogs and, of them, only a handful try to post commentary on a frequent basis.

I guess I'm either going to have to spend more time on what I write or just stick to posting lots of pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason