Am I really a Zoroastrian Pagan?




I was looking at "The Eight Sermon of the Dead" web log and saw he referenced the following quiz. As I wasted my time answering the quiz questions I thought the entire thing was rather stupid since it didn't have any questions that seemed in any way relevant to me.

In fact, I answered 'completely disagree' with virtually every single question. Nevertheless, it said I was a 'Zoroastrian Pagan', whatever the heck that is. Then I searched on 'Zoroaster' and found the following Wikipedia entry. I found it amusing when I read the article that it is claimed Freemasonry stole from the Zoroaster tradition.

Shrug..you learn something new every day.

You can read about Zoroastricsm at the Internet Sacred Text archive here. Remember that the Internet Sacred Text Archive is *always* the best resource in the world for religious teachings. I strongly recommend you support their worthy effort as I have.

In fact, I just noticed today that they have recently added the following items:

"The Hidden Church of the Holy Graal" and
"The Rosicrucians, Their Rites and Mysteries"

You scored as Zoroastrian Pagan. The Zoroastrian Pagan is a rare breed who follows the teachings of Zoroaster, the religious reformer. He believed that there were no gods, and it was naive to put faith in them and give them names. What one should focus on is merely serving one side of the cosmic duality; work on good or light deeds, and the world would become more good or light. Pagans of this variety are rare, but often feel like they get more done without the hassle and clutter of pantheons and gods. They're smart, analytical, and occationally cynical.

What kind of Pagan are you?

Comments

Dr.Alistair said…
i took the test too. it went to a tie breaker but i was a zoroastrian pagan also.
my mother was into yoga and ouija so i guess that balanced the jesuit thing out.......
Grouchogandhi said…
Down with my Greek cousins!

Roman Pantheonic Pagan.



You are drawn to the Roman Pantheon. Most names of our planets come from this group, including: Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune, Mars and Venus to name a few. A little less mainstream than your Greek cousins, and often confused for them, you know that there's a difference between the two pantheons and are quick to remind others of those differences. A little more down-to-earth than your Greek cousins, you tend to enjoy fact before fiction, and though no less lusty and romantic, you are more logical about your actions.

Roman Pantheonic

Pagan 65%

Kabbalistic Pagan 60%

Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan 60%

Zoroastrian Pagan 55%

Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans 50%

Ecclectic Pagan 50%

Celtic Pantheonic Pagan 50%

Shamanic Pagan 40%

Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru) 40%

Eastern Pagan 35%

Greek Pantheonic Pagan 35%

Catholic (Pagan?) 20%
Anonymous said…
I came out as celtic, closly followed by eclectic and zoastrian. I had no idea what that was and found wikipedia confusing about how a pagan can be zoastrian. But your explanation is more relivent to me. I use celtic deities because they are connected to where I live, but I use others to help connect with a particular creative frequency, wich fits well with your explanation of the zoastrian pagan.
dem0n said…
Here is mine.
I agree with Anonymous. I don't think Zoroastrian is necessarily Pagan. If I'm correct Zoroastrianism teaches an intricate hierarchy of angels and daemons. Along with two opposing forces Ahura Mazda and Angra Mayu. Something like that. Very interesting none the less.

You scored as a Zoroastrian Pagan
The Zoroastrian Pagan is a rare breed who follows the teachings of Zoroaster, the religious reformer. He believed that there were no gods, and it was naive to put faith in them and give them names. What one should focus on is merely serving one side of the cosmic duality; work on good or light deeds, and the world would become more good or light. Pagans of this variety are rare, but often feel like they get more done without the hassle and clutter of pantheons and gods. They're smart, analytical, and occationally cynical.
Zoroastrian Pagan
90%
Kabbalistic Pagan
70%
Ecclectic Pagan
60%
Egyptian Pantheonic Pagan
40%
Eastern Pagan
40%
Shamanic Pagan
35%
Greek Pantheonic Pagan
20%
Sumerian, Babylonian, and Mesopotamian Pagans
20%
Roman Pantheonic Pagan
20%
Norse Pantheonic Pagan (Asatru)
0%
Catholic (Pagan?)
0%
Celtic Pantheonic Pagan
0%
Tom Accuosti said…
You scored as a Zoroastrian Pagan

See you at temple next Sunday, John?

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason