The Agiea Summer party at my home was a big success. It was an enormous amount of work and I occasionally asked myself "Why am I doing all of this?" However, the answer was fairly simple. I like to entertain and make sure people have a great party to attend. I enjoy cooking the food and setting up the entertainment and making sure a lot of people have a really good time. I can't speak for everyone but I think in general most people left satisfied.

The party began at 2pm and ended around 1am with about seven people crashing at my house. The certainly sounds like success to me. I was thinking there would be a lot of left-overs but, surprisingly, there was very little left. I served tiger prawns, scallops, salmon, chicken breast, chicken legs, country style pork ribs, hamburgers, and sausages. For desert there was carrot cake, strawberry cheescake, and choclate brownies. There were also a variety of sides. I served good wine, beer, soda and water. The one thing I fell short on was soda and water; I could have had more. I took almost everyone out on either my pontoon boat or my friend Marty's speedboat. Shuttling people to and from the lake on the golf cart worked out great.

In the evening I shuttled people by boat over to a live concert at the Windjammer Marina. It was kind of fun, but we didn't stay a real long time. Later in the evening I set up my movie projector and showed "The Little Mermaid" (which was a request from Becka and Christa). People watched the movie by the pool, from in the pool, or in the hot tub. Some guests stayed inside and had, what I have heard, were interesting conversations.

Today I'm just pretty much tuckered out. Here is a link to the pictures I took. I didn't take many since I was generally quite busy all of the time.

And here is a single photograph representative of the evening and honoring our guest Simon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason