Just a quick update. My Memorial Day photographs were very well received. Thanks Becka, Christa, and Stephanie for making many people smile. It looks like the party train is on a roll because I'm throwing another one on Saturday. Our friend and colleague Simon is in town from Zurich. My company has a bad habit of flying people from around the world, putting them hard to work, and then sending them back home without having any opportunity to do something fun. So, I volunteered to throw a party for Simon. Next I asked my boss if he would pay for the party and he agreed. So, now that the party is funded it is really shaping up well.

The party starts at 2pm and begins with boating on the lake, both in my pontoon boat and my friend Marty's speedboat. We will have the swimming pool open, massage-chair, washers, and the ping-pong table set up. Later, in the afternoon, we will have a BBQ with great food and drinks. In the evening a live band is performing classic 80's cover tunes at the Windjammer marina. We will take people over in the boats where they can dance and socialize. After the concert, if there are any die-hards left, I may throw a reel or two on the projector. Hopefully the weather will hold up. Right now they are predicting scattered showers, but what do they actually know anyway?

I finally got around to scanning in some of my finished pieces. A couple of them I had already uploaded before, but they were scans of xerox copies whereas these new ones are from the original source artwork. You can view them using the portfolio link.



One other quick note. I went ahead and paid the one year subscription to the Keyhole imaging software, even though I was a little bit dissapointed with it. Now I'm glad I did because I was automatically upgraded to the beta version of Google Earth and, let me tell you, it's freaking amazing!! It has insanely high res photographs for most of the planet and loads way faster. Also the sofware is greatly improved, with better googlesque search features and driving directions.

I'm going to use it to outline my lake property. It was awesome to be able to see it in such detail!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason