I spent this evening scanning in the bulk of my remaining artwork. I just uploaded a new copy of the portfolio. However, I haven't had time to comment the drawings, so without context and description it doesn't make a lot of sense. Some are just scribbles while others are prints. The art is really diverse and basically represents what I haven't thrown in the trash.

It is something around 90 pieces. I still have about five to ten more that are somehwere in the attic. These remaining pieces represent my 'best work' and are nicely framed. Some of these pieces even placed in a couple of art shows.

After that the only thing I will have left is whatever childhood drawings my mom has that she kept in a scrapbook.

I think my next scanner project will be to start scanning in all of my parents really old photo-albums; to preserve them as they slowly fade and degrade.

Tomorrow evening is going to be an exciting one for my nephew Charlie. He is being initiated as a Freemason in my lodge. To make it an even more exciting event is that we are holding a special session to confer the degree and we will host in attended the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Missouri!!

On Thursday I have to meet with DeMolay to schedule our trip to Conclave this weekend. I will be spending all weekend at Jefferson City with my son Alex as he gets initiated and enjoys all of the great activities the conclave has to offer. I will have to drive back home on Saturday to see my son John graduate from high school.

So much going on...

However, back to my artwork. I am now almost certain that this process is going to motivate me to get back to my art.

Just to make a point that I raised in my last post. The series of Nagel style line drawings of models was merely a phase and does not represent my regular surrealist style.

Out of all of my strange drawings I have, I think this is my favorite.




Here are several of my self potraits I have done over the years:





And here is the best figure drawing I did from a live model at class.



As soon as I have time I will caption the drawings and try to scan in my remaining finished pieces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason