Resume, game developer, John Ratcliff, 3d graphics engine, Electronic Arts, Sony Online Entertainment, physics simulation, tools, artififical intelligence, 688 Attack Sub, SSN-21 Seawolf, Cyberstrike, Planetside, Novodex Rocket.

Ok...let's see what that does to the Google keyword search. In the past three days my phone has been ringing off the hook getting cold called from headhunters.

There must be a lot of game companies desperate for development resources after E3. Today I got a phone call from a headhunter at Electronic Arts who asks, "How would you like to work for EA?"; to which I respond, "Sure, that sounds great, I really enjoyed it when I worked for them before and wrote a couple of top ten best selling games." He responds, "You worked for EA before? Hmmm...that isn't in my files... well, can we get you to work for us again?" My response, "Sure, give me the same deal I had before, 12% of royalties on my game, advances on the contract, and let me work out of my basement in my pajamas. You guys still do that kind of a deal??"

Apparently.....not.. I suggested he contact the CTO of the company, my old technical director, as a reference...

Oh the times..they do change...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason