An important anchor has returned to life. That anchor is called baseball. The new season starts and along with it an endless stream of meaningless games that wash over you in a wave of security and relaxation. A blanket of comfort.

"Swing and a long one, a home run by Tino Martinez cuts the lead in half with a two run shot!"

These are the words in my ears as I type this message. I played baseball in my youth, and it was one of my few happy memories. I did not care for professional sports my entire life, and did not begin watching baseball until about 5 years ago when Mark McGuire was going for the home run record and the entire town was going nuts.

After that hysteria died down I found that listening to a baseball game on the radio was very relaxing. A slight change in attitude, and something that used to be considered 'completely boring' suddenly became 'completely relaxing'. It's all about attitude.

I now listen to every Cardinals baseball game on the radio, I almost prefer listening to it on the radio than watching it on television. I like to go fishing when there is a ball game on. Now that I have my projection system setup, I am considering trying to watch an evening game on a huge projection screen while doing late night fishing with my friends.

I have a lot of fun taking my children to Cardinals ball games. My son Johnny who wouldn't watch a baseball game on TV if you paid him to, *loves* watching a game at the ballpark. He pays attention to every single pitch, and follows every single play. We went to a bunch of the playoff games this past year and it was a great father-son experience.

Tonight my youngest child, Alex, will be receiving his first merit badge as a boy scout, for physical fitness. He is very proud, as are we. Just a few thoughts as the Cardinals try to win their season opener.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason