Intertesting follow-up to yesterday's post



Here is an interesting news story that links in very well with the blog post I made yesterday.

The article begins as follows:

When Gary Crutchley started taking pictures of his children playing on an inflatable slide he thought they would be happy reminders of a family day out.

But the innocent snaps of seven-year-old Cory, and Miles, five, led to him being called a ‘pervert’.

The woman running the slide at Wolverhampton Show asked him what he was doing and other families waiting in the queue demanded that he stop.

Comments

Dean said…
Uh oh... I think my wife might be a pervert too. She is always taking pictures of our young kids. Should I be worried? Please advise...

When did parents being proud of their kids and taking pictures of our families become creepy anyway? I'm with you John. What's the world coming too?
Anonymous said…
honi soit qui mal y pense

~ Vitruvius ~
Tom Accuosti said…
I think my wife might be a pervert too. She is always taking pictures of our young kids.

::laughs::
DigitalCaffeine said…
Honestly, stuff like that has been going through our minds for the last couple of years of being parents. Never mind that she is our daughter, she doesn't look like us and that is all some people need to think you could be a pervert or worse.
It's a strange world we are creating. I don't know what to say. When I watch shows like the predator stings on 'Dateline NBC' I am simply shocked. Shocked that there are so many people in our society who are involved in this sickness.

We have certainly lost our innocence in this brave new world.

The media does seem to telescope these real risks until they are exaggerated out of all sense and proportion.

I like to hope, perhaps naively, that most people in the world are good, and wholesome, and well meaning.

What is our culture coming to?

John

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?