A Masonic Thought for the Day




WHAT CAME YOU HERE TO DO?

Tell me now, my Brother,
What came you here to do?
When you joined our mystic circle,
Had you a purpose in your heart
To be of service to your fellow man
And perform your allotted part,
Or came you out of curiosity
Or motive personal in view?
Tell me Brother of the square
What came you here to do?
Have you studied well the meaning
Of the symbols on our chart?
And learned to subdue your passions
And make improvements in your art?
Do you uphold the trusts
On which we firmly stand,
Teaching father of God
And brotherhood of man?
Have you willingly aided the brother
When life surges were fierce and wild?
Have you offered cheer and comfort
To the Mason's wife, widow and child?
If you have done so, my brother,
You are a Mason good and true,
And can give a correct answer to
"What came you here to do?"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi John.....I am approaching my second degree here in Massachusetts. I came here to discover Freemasonry. As one of Scottish descent on my mother's side, I am drawn for several reasons. Some appear almost genetic or as the role of fate. My spiritual history; one of Christian - then Taosit and Buddhist tenet has surprisingly come around to Freemasonry. Interesting.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason