Well, I haven't posted in a few days. Things have been, and continue to be, very busy at work. My office is going to be sending me to Paris for a little over a week next Friday. I'm pretty excited about the trip. I know there is all that trouble in the news about the riots but, from what I hear from people who are there, none of this is affecting daily activity in Paris itself. At any rate, I am hopefull that things will be under control when I get there.

My job is to integrate some of our technology into a customer's product. A task I think I can be fairly competent at. I intentionally decided to take the trip over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Since we had no specific plans for Thanksgiving this year this time turned out to be the least disruptive.

My calender is certainly getting full otherwise. I'm genuinely excited about being in the Shrine. It's a fantastic organization with so many opportunities to have fun with your whole family, all of the time raising money for a worthy cause. My wife and I are going to attend the Shriner's Christmas ball on December 3rd. I just ordered a new tuxedo for the event. Now that I am involved in so many Masonic activities I find I have quite a few opportunities to dress up now.

This week before I leave town is quite busy. On Thursday DeMolay is sponsoring a Thanksgiving dinner to honor parents. On Saturday I will finally be getting my 'Dad training' with the DeMolay organization and later attending the State Installation of officers, dinner, and dance at the Scottish Rite building downtown, right next to the New Temple. Sunday I am taking my whole family to the St. Louis Symphony to hear a Mozart piano concerto and Beethoven symphony. Neither of my two musically gifted children have ever been and they are very excited.

Next Wednesday my lodge is putting on a 3rd degree and I will be acting as senior steward. On Thursday I am going to be attending my monthly meeting at the Napthali lodge where I might, possibly, be submitting a petition from one of my friends!

I would like to visit a Freemason lodge while in Paris but, realistically, there isn't much of a chance. The language barrier is just so significant that I don't think it will happen. I was going to visit a Masonic lodge in Zurich that holds its meetings in English, but that trip got turned into this new one.

My specific plans while in Paris, besides doing my job, is to simply 'hang out'. I was there for about five days the only time I visited before and I felt like I could have stayed much longer. I'm sure I will visit many museums and snap many photographs in between programming computers to do various and sundry things.

That's all the news that's fit to print this evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason