Ok, I'm tired of Paris. I'm homesick and ready to come home. I worked all day yesterday and then decided, at the last minute, that I had to 'do something'. Since I arrived I have had the romantic notion that I would go to see an Opera in Paris but, apparently, there is no opera playing until December. In desperation I decided, on the spur of the moment, to go to the "Moulin Rouge". I have no idea what I was thinking, because it was just a waste of my time and money. Now, don't get me wrong. There is nothing particularily 'wrong' with the Moulin Rouge, so long as you like big Las Vegas style dance show productions. Now, I like dance, but my taste runs a litte more along the lines Twyla Tharp, not small chested topless girls with giant feathered hats. Now, I suppose I 'knew' this is what it was going to be, but it just wasn't a good way to spend the evening. Had I been there with my wife I think it would have been more fun. The last time we were here we went to the Paradise Latin, which was way better in my opinion.

This morning I attended Mass at Sacre Coure and then went to the Catacombs and glanced at 6 million human skeletal remains. After hiking up Montemarte to Sacre Coure and climbing the Catacombes I am worn out. I have certainly been getting my exericise at least. Of course, I need it after the way I have been eating. One bright spot last night was when I went to a Pakistani-Indian resturant that was very upscale. I had never had Indian food served like Haute cuisine and it was amazing. I have got to learn how to cook like that back home!

I think I am done being a tourist. I'm only here for two more days and those will be filled with work. This evening I may have a light dinner and call it a night.

I whish I had thought to bring my transfer cable so I could upload some of my photographs, but I will have to organize them once I get home. My photographs are not going to be very interesting but I have been taking them in such a way as to act as 'memory markers' so I can remember what I did on this trip years in the future.

I finally got around to setting up a website for my new lodge downtown, Naphtali #25. I need a much better picture of the temple building (the one I have up there now is too dark), and I want to add some more supplemental content. Nevertheless, I'm generally happy with it. My hope is that various web search engines will start linking up to it soon enough and it will draw a little bit of traffic.

Comments

munkholt said…
Nice, simple design for the lodge-site. Perhaps you could halve the picture size, and just keep the full size for when you click it. I'm still flabbergasted by that huge building having only a single lodge meeting there!
Anonymous said…
Nooo... don't mess with the photo. That is one of the most awe-inspiring photos I've seen. It deserves to dominate the page.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason