I just added a new feature to my growing 16mm film collection. I scored a magnificant LPP copy of "Beetlejuice" for only $300! Surprisingly, for a film pretty much universally considered an all-time classic it has a tomatometer rating of only 86%. Now I am set for Halloween next year, with Beetlejuice to show outdoors for trick-or-treaters and Rocky Horror to show inside the house afterwards.

We had a movie showing in our new home theatre on Saturday night. We showed "The Last Starfighter", a mint condition LPP print. About 8 people showed up and it was a great showing. We continue to rework our home theatre till the setup is near perfect. Terry put up flashing marquee lights with a large banner announcing the film we were showing. We had lots of very comfortable seating, and the screen fills the entire end of the rom. I got all of my movie posters put up and it all looks great. I intend to take a few pictures and post them up here sometime soon.

With the purchase of Beetlejuice I intend to stop buying 16mm prints for a while. I now own 16 feature films, and have invested around $6,000 in my collection. That is enough for a while, and before I buy any more 16mm prints, I want to own any print I want to buy on DVD first. I set up my DLP projector in the home theatre and it looks simply amazing, mostly because of how bright it is. I really need a Xenon projector for my 16mm prints. The brighter the better!

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason