Wow. what a fantastic weekend. This post is just a raw data dump so I have a written record of this weekend and can bump my previous post. My son Johnny is in a private school and this was his first chance to come home for the weekend. On Saturday morning I made the two and a half hour drive to go pick him up, and two and a half hours to get him back home. Nothing like a brisk five hour drive on a Saturday morning to get your weekend off to a quick start. Johnny spent the afternoon with his mom and they went to the mall to watch "Matrix Reloaded" and to do some shopping. While they were out at the mall I did a little shopping myself. I started my DVD collection, buying about 30 DVD's all at once. I also got a second deep-cell battery for the boat, so now I have about 350amps of power available on the weekends. For Terry I bought a combination cooler/grill at Walmart. These are really cool, it just looks like a regular cooler on wheels you can roll around. However, the top pops-up into a near full-size grill that you can take anywhere. Underneath the grill is a cooler with cup holders and everything. On Saturday evening we had friends over and had a BBQ and watched movies. Unfortunately the weather was dreadful and we couldn't swim in the pool or do any other outdoor activities.

Sunday, John spent time with his girlfriend in the morning and in the afternoon we took the whole family out to the Renaissance Faire. I enjoy looking at the things people have to sell and, of course, eyeballing the scantily clad faux french girls. They had a couple of things set up that I thought were pretty fun. We shot ping pong balls with a crossbow at Johnny. There was this guy who was acting as a bad insult comic to anyone who would pass. His head and hands were sticking out through a large wooden wall. For a buck you could try to hit him in the face with a tomato. What was really funny is he wouldn't duck or flinch, he would just insult you the entire time. I thought he was very funny. I stuck around for ten minutes and nobody managed to actually hit him. I threw three tomatoes with great force which managed to splatter very near him, so I know I got some tomato juice on him at least, but no direct hits. The last fun thing they had was a set of fake castle walls with catapults. For three dollars you got a bucket full of water balloons and you launched them against your opponent trying to get them wet. It was really fun watching a balloon hit the castle turrets and shower down a torrent of water. You could even get hit with backwash from an apparent misshit. Lauren and Terry went head to head and had a lot of fun.

Sunday afternoon Lauren and I went out to the boat and attached four 18 foot strands of rope lights to the boat. At night on the lake we will be able to light our 'party boat' up and use up all of that solar power I soaked up the week before. On Sunday evening I did the five hour drive thing again and took Johnny back to his school. When I got back, my wife was at the neighbor's party, so I went by. I had a nice time visiting and got invited to play a round of golf.

On Monday morning I played nine holes of golf with some friends and had a great time. On one hole all three of us ended up chipping to between 6 and 8 foot of the cup! All three of us made par putts from almost the same distance on the same hole. After the round of golf I went by the grocery store and bought a huge selection of items to make smoothies. I bought strawberries, lemons, oranges, two bottles of fruit juice and four bags of ice. I took all of this out to the boat and went and picked up Terry and the kids. Next we hooked up with four other families to watch the boat parade. Our friend Marty Solomon ended up winning first place for his boat. Marty decorated his boat with caution tape, the kids wore hard hats, and they had huge signs made up that siad "Caution : Huge Wake ". You see, Marty has a monsterously powerful speedboat that got approved by the board but was then almost immediately disapproved. However, since they passed his boat once they have to leave it on the lake as pat of the grandfather clause. He gets into all kinds of trouble from the community association and decorating his boat like that was tantamount to flipping his finger at the powers that be. That they actually gave him a prize for it, only makes it that much funnier.

After the parade, we all tied up and I made about eight full pitchers of fruit smoothies for everyone on all of our boats. The power worked find, and I got a lot of compliments on the drinks. At about 3pm we returned to our house for a BBQ and swimming party. Our friend Johnny came over and I think he had a really nice time. Eventually we had half of the neighborhood at the house, swimming, playing table tennis, and eating food. We didn't shut the party down until 9:30pm and I even had time to show Johnny the first reel of "The Court Jester".

Well, that's the end of a glorious memorial day weekened. The Cardinals got a big win against Houston, and Woody Williams remains undefeated for the season. It could hardly have been any better.

Here's to a summer full of great weekends with great friends!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason