Wentzville Rainbow Assembly Installation - February 3, 2007



This is my youth group weekend. I spent all day yesterday getting stuff ready for Troy DeMolay and last evening attending the Wentzville Rainbow Girls Assembly #114 Installation. I was having so much fun taking photographs that, when I got home, I was terribly dissapointed that most of them simply didn't turn out. Clearly, at this point, something is quite wrong with our 'fancy' camera. Today I will stick to using my new 'cheap' camera which I am sure will work better for taking pictures during Troy DeMolay's formal Installation.

I spent this morning buying gifts for our Sweetheart coronation as well. We are doing something really unique today for our Installation ceremony. It will be performed by the Master Masons of Troy Lodge #34, our sponsoring body. What a tremendous honor and it will really bind the two organizations closer together. I'm thinking this will become a new tradition for our chapter and the lodge. Throughout the year the DeMolay chapter helps support various Masonic events, charities, and functions, already.

I will be taking more pictures today, of course, and I hope to put them online as well. If you click on the picture above you will see a group shot of the Wentzville Rainbow Assembly. I am also attaching a link to the gallery I uploaded.

It continues to amaze me that these youth organizations still exist and few people know about them. In what other context can a young man or woman attend a dozen or more functions a year where they dress nicely and get to socialize in a perfectly safe environment?

Well, I think the pictures tell the story better than I can in words.



...Just a quick edit. Now that I am back from the Troy DeMolay Installation I have to upload those photographs as well. It was a very successful event, we easily had well over sixty people in attendance. The Master Masons of Troy Lodge, our sponsoring body, did an incredible job performing the installation ceremony. We had many State officers in attendance, from both DeMolay as well as Rainbow for Girls. Mom Schroeter did an amazing job with the meal.



Here is the link to the photo gallery.









Comments

Wayfaring Man said…
John,
Thanks for posting a comment, and the link to this post on Audi Vide Tace. I couldn't agree with you more.

I only hope it isn't too little, too late.

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason

How to become a Freemason?