Poker Run

And a good time was had by all.

Samantha Yonley (aka 'Wobbles') having fun in the swimming pool. It was a good weekend, in fact it still *is* a good weekend, since it isn't over yet. On Friday evening Max Thrust performed at Windjammer Point as a kick-off for the Poker run on Saturady. 'The Commodores' is a social club in Lake Saint Louis that has started a bi-annual poker run and fundraiser so they can function as a benevolant society while having fun. Also, on Friday evening, Terry's sister Barb came down to spend the weekend with her three children. Friday evening my daughter Lauren had a bunch of friends over for an impromptu last-day-of-school pool party.

On Saturday I went on the poker run with my friend Marty. The poker run is fairly straightforward, you just drive your boat to five houses and get a card at each one. The best hand wins a substantial cash prize. One of the stops had a talent show competition and most had food and all had drinks for the participants. Unfortunately I did not feel well and couldn't drink or eat for the event. Later in the evening I took a short nap and slowly began to feel better. I am really looking forward to attending the event this fall with my wife and some other couples. I think the winning hand was 4 Jacks. Odds of getting four of a kind are 1 in 4,164 (from odd checker.com)

In the evening the band PHINS, which plays Jimmy Buffet 'style' music', was at Windjammer Point. Throughout the evening, as I began to feel better, I had some beers and took lots of photographs. I apologize if I can't remember everyones name, but here are some pictures of the weekend event.



Tom and his lovely wife.


Lauren


My wife Terry and Bridgita


My wife Terry and Bridgita


The Bikin Patrol is 'on duty'


In ascending order...


Dave and Liz


No comment...




PHINS




Dave


Sandi and friend

Liz and Terry


Mike and Patti Bunch


PHINS


Kurt


Dave and Toni


Dave 'showing me the money'


My best friend


Nice outfit


Lisa and Anna


Kurt and Rob




Michael and Alex


Matt


Dave



Barb and Tommy


Jenny and Kristin


Jenny and Kristin




Tommy and Katie


Wobbles


Hot Tubbing Teenagers (and one kid)


Boats lined up for the concert


Max Thrust, Dave and Jeff


Jeff Mosely on screaming guitar


Dave


Dave


Boats


Scenic view




Jeff Mosley

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great pictures John. - Thanks for sharing. Glad you enjoyed the Poker Run. See you at the fall event.
Anonymous said…
John...Thanks for sharing these great pics! There's no place like Lake St. Louis and these pictures show how much fun we have here....even if you don't know everyone...we're like one big happy family! I'm happy to know you and your family and greatly appreciate your contributions to this wonderful community!

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason