I just returned from attending a Trisha Brown choreographed dance held at Opera Garnier here in Paris.

The dance was awful, but it was so incredible to be inside the Opera house that I really didn't mind all that much.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a huge fan of modern dance. I have been attending dance theatre for decades now. However, I have a word of advice for Ms. Trisha Brown. In the future, when you decide to choreograph a dance, maybe it would be a good ideal not to select the most annoying music imaginable to irritate your audience with. What do you think? (I know I was not alone because even though, strangely, there was sufficient applause, I saw many people arround me refusing to applaud at all. I also saw a number of people leave after the first intermission.)

And, I can hardly call what she choreographs as 'dancing'. Dancing, to me, implies movement. However, the bulk of the entire performance involved 'posing'. It was almost like watching mime.

The last piece had, for a few moments with some non-annoying music and some dance that actually flowed. At least that allowed me to salvage a portion of the performance as entertainment. I don't think photographs or words can describe Opera Garnier itself. I absolutely believe you must simply see it. I cannot wait to return again, only this time to maybe hear some Mozart, not random screeching and scraping sounds.

I also went to the Petit Palais. They had a fine selection of classical art and even some early greek artifacts that I quite enjoyed Throughout the day I took over a hundred photographs. I can only hope that some of them turned out so I can upload them when I return.

I am now back at the office trying to get some work done today. I will be working tomorrow as well, but in the morning I plan to attend Mass at Saint Chapelle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason