Sigh, I'm supposed to be on an airplane on my way to Zurich Switzerland right now. Instead I find myself sitting at home rather bummed out. I am supposed to be in Zurich on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week for a series of business meetings. So that the trip would be a little extra fun I booked it so I could be there for part of the day on Saturday and a full non-jet-lagged day on Sunday. I had two tours booked, one of the city of Zurich, that included a ride on the lake, and a big ten hour tour on Sunday was going to take me through Luzern and then the alps.

Now I will be unable to use either tour and the money is non-refundable. Instead I'm going to frantically try to fly out tomorrow in a hellacious day of travel that will start early in the morning, have a six hour layover (if I'm lucky) and end up finally coming out of customs late in the morning on Sunday. And all of that, if I'm lucky enough to get there at all.

Apparently there is a tropical storm on the East Coast and that is where I booked my trip. When I booked the flight I paid an extra hundred bucks to shave about two hours off of the trip. The next one available actually flew all of the way to Dallas (over a thousand miles in the wrong direction) only to turn around and fly back east to Zurich. So, I figured going through the East coast and shaving off a couple of hours was worth it. Now, instead, it's adding an extra day and half of travel and I won't get to see any sights at all while on my trip, if I manage to make it there at all.

I will have a few rushed days of meetings and then be heading straight back home. I've kind of been whining at work for about a year for a chance to visit our Zurich office with the specific intention of having an extra day or two just to enjoy it as a tourist.

Oh well, I guess I'm done venting now. It is what it is. I may go see a movie tonight or something and start this journey again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason