Ok, I have spent a few days trying to gather together my photographs so I can upload them to my website. I ran into a few difficulties. On Friday my hard drive decided to crash. It is still running, kind-of, but with intermittent and random failures. I bought a new hard drive but I want to get everything backed up off of my old one as best I can before I install it.

I tried gathering all my photographs from the past two years between both my wife's camera and my own. I know I missed a bunch along the way but, nevertheless, the photo album is more or less representative of the past two years of my life, or at least the parts where I brought a camera and remembered to take a photograph.

I have not annotated the gallery yet, that will take yet a bunch more time. I ran into another problem when I tried to upload the photo gallery. My ftp site seems to keep stalling out every time I load 15-20 files. So I have been uploading them piecemeal.

Right now I have uploaded the entire HTML content and thumbnails. About a 1/3 of the full size images have been uploaded as well. I will try to get the rest of the full-res images uploaded this evening when I get home from work.

A note of warning. These photographs are not for everyone. In fact, the only person who would be interested in every single one of these photographs is myself. They serve as markers to remind me of a place and time in my life. And, most especially, of people I have met and events I have shared.

Who is the photo album for?

(1) Myself as an adjunct for a poor memory.
(2) My family, which includes my wife's relatives.
(3) My friends.
(4) My children's friends.
(5) and, finally, a rare handful might be interesting to anyone who likes to see travel photos.

I use the shotgun approach to picture taking. I have a 4 megapixel digital camera with 256mb of memory. I have no problem just snapping twenty pictures in the hopes of getting one good one. On occasion some of the travel photographs I have taken look amazing.

Here is the beginning of the album:
Photo's on my boat and for movie showings on the boat.
Some awesome shots from my fishing trip while in Florida.
Pictures from my last Sony Christmas party.
Some of the pictures from my brief trip to Cancun.
My first trip to Zurich.
Pictures of my co-workers at the office.
My tennis buddies.
Summer fun.
My daughter and her friends, including homecoming pictures.
Our recent trip to Lake of the Ozarks to see our property in the fall.
My Saturday Night Screening room movie showing this past weekend.
As promised, booth babes from this year's E3.
More tennis buddies and Charlie's initiation in the lodge.
Still more summer fun.
My friend Russ Tinker and more lodge photos.
St. Louis aces tennis, summer fishing trip, and baseball game with Swiss interns.

My most recent trip to Zurich!

As I said, many of the links to the full sized images haven't been uploaded. I hope to have them up later tonight. The thumbnails are big enough that they are still nice to look at. If you want a full 4mp image of any of these photographs so you can print a photo, just email me and I will send it to you.

I have added a permanent link to my template for the photo album. I also revised my online resume to be a little more current. At the bottom I added a section for 'hobbies and interests' as well as some press that I found I could link to on the internet. No, I am not looking for a job; but since my resume is really more of a 'curriculum vitae' I like to keep it current.

Lastly, I have recently been getting some comment spam so I enabled the option that requires you to enter a word before it will accept you as a human and not a spam-bot. I also changed an option so anyone can comment, where previously it was restricted to registered users on blogspot.

Comments

Anonymous said…
FileZilla wants to be your friend.
Anonymous said…
John,
I think I looked at every one of your photos...maybe I'm just another lecher. Nice hot tub babes!!!!!
Tom Hayden

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason