Ok, no compelling or interesting dialouge today, but as a journal, I thought I would just jot down some brief notes of stuff going on.

Well, my last post was about baseball. However, the first 10 Cardinal games have been a major dissapointment. We are 5-5, but three of those wins were simply beating up on the lowly Brewers. Of the 5 we lost, at least 3 were blown leads in the late innings. Last Saturday I took my son Johnny to see the Cardinals - Astros game. I had the best seats in my entire life, 17 rows behind home plate. And the seats were free too, a gift from our friends Diane and Lenny Brown. Matt Morris pitched a scorcher, only 3 hits into the 9th inning. Then, with a 1-0 lead, what does our brilliant manager do? He *pulls him out* in the 9th!?? Then sends in a left handed pitcher who blows the game. How dissapointing. We have no closer, just closer by committee. I hope they straighten this train wreck out, and soon. Speaking of baseball, I just purchased a special mini-package of 8 weekend games throughout the season against the best teams. This package also includes tickets to one free game next year, so it's really 9 games, including the last game of the season. The seats are fairly high up, and roughly behind home plate. I got 4 seats, enough to take friends and family. They were really inexpensive, 9 games for just $162 per seat. That's only $18 a game, not too bad really, quite a discount off of the normal face value. Here's hoping they get their pitching problems straightened out before my next game.

Starting today, and continuing tomorrow, Terry is holding a huge garage sale at our home. We hauled 3 huge truckloads of junk from my sister-in-laws house last fall and now we are trying to get rid of it all. Tomorrow is the Lake St. Louis annual Easter Egg hunt, so there will be a huge number of people out driving around the neighborhood. It's all got to go, so hopefully we can park our cars back in our garage soon. Stop on by if you want to look for some bargains.

We got our boat put back in the water this week, and the weather is supposed to be glorious this weekend. Our friends the Solomons are putting their speed boat in today. It's so relaxing to go around the lake at sunset this time of year. Especially since the Lake has very few boats on it. This Saturday I'm thinking about trying to watch the Cardinals baseball game on my boat, using my multimedia projector and portable generator. Should be an amusing little project.

I am hoping to bid on a new film in a week or so. It's a very cute old Walt Disney kids feature called "Flight of the Navigator". It starts out as a fairly serious sounding film, looking a lot like an old Twilight Zone episode. Then, all of the sudden, it just gets about is goofy as possible, with a talking spaceship voiced by Pee Wee Herman at his most manic. It will be a great kids movie to show to boys. We will have to see how irrational the bidding gets at the close of the auction to determine whether or not I seriously try to buy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason