Troy Lodge #34 Installation of Officers



My weekend isn't over yet, but I had an hour free to upload photographs from yesterday's activities. Last evening I attended the Saint Louis Aces tennis match and was pleasantly suprised to see that Billy Jean King was there as an honored guest. I am a tremendous fan of Billy Jean King and not just because of her astounding tennis legacy but mostly for what she has done for the sport of tennis. I believe World Team Tennis is a great addition which allows people all over the country the chance to see professional tennis, famous players, and exciting young talent.

Last evening, while I was in the VIP tent, some young ladies were selling raffle tickets to raise money to support the lupus foundation. I bought ten dollars worth of raffle tickets. The third place prize was $100, the second place prize was a jersy signed by the entire team and Billy Jean King, and the first place prize was tickets to the US open. As you can see, I won the second place prize and was able to get my photograph taken with Billy Jean and speak to her briefly. I wouldn't have really wanted the US Open tickets anyway because I would have great difficulty using them. I fully intend to wear my jersey. I believe treasured items are to be enjoyed, not hung on a wall or put away in a corner.

My son and I had a great time at the match, even though the Aces lost in a tiebreak in the fifth set. It was still fantastic tennis. I can't wait until this evening when I get to see Pete Sampras play. I plan to take my wifes nice SLR camera and telephoto lens to take some great action shots. I will be taking my father to see the match; he has never seen professional tennis before.




My son John and I at the match


Crazy man Bob who gets to go to all of the VIP match events and pays nothing because his wife is some big shot at Dillards. Meanwhile I paid about $1,000 for my tickets. I made him buy me a beer.

Earlier in the day I attended the Installation of Officers at Troy Lodge #34 where Brother Phil Carrey was installed as Worshipful Master. These brothers are all great friends of mine and I decided today I would take the opportunity to upload their photographs online.




Wentzville Rainbow Assembly performing the closing bible ceremony.


Troy Lodge


Sue Schroeter plays the flute during the installation


Gary Lamping, Densel Webb, Tommy Hamlet, Russ Tinker making a presentation to the outgoing Worshipful Master Fred Statler.


My buddy Tommy Hamlet installed as Senior Warden


Worshipful Brother Phil Carrey being installed by Right Worshipful Brother Bob Hutchison


Worshipful Brother Phil Carrey and his wife


Job's Daughters of Bethel #58 performing the opening bible ceremony

Job's Daughters of Bethel #58 performing the opening bible ceremony



Troy DeMolay performing the flag cememony. Master Counciler Sean is holding the flag.



My son Alex


Troy DeMolay performing the flag cememony. Master Counciler Sean is holding the flag.


Right Worshipful Brother Joe Johnson making a presentation to the outgoing Worshifpul Master Fred Statler. Right Worshipful Brother Chris Newbold acts as the installing Chaplain


Left to right, Right Worshipful Brother Chris Newbold, Right Worshipful Brother Bob Hutchison, Right Worshipful Brother Joe Johnson, and Right Worshipful Brother Russ Tinker


My good friend and Worshipful Master Elect of Saint Charles Lodge #241, Brother Rick Uebinger


Right Worshipful Brother Charlie Benedict


Right Worshipful Brother Harry Weber of Wentzville Lodge #46


Outgoing Worshipful Master of Wentzville Lodge #46, Worshipful Brother John Rawlings


Mary Lamping, wife of Worshipful Brother Gary Lamping


Worshipful Brother Gary Lamping and adult advisor for Troy DeMolay


Right Worshipful Brother ("I can do that") Andy Becker


Right Worshipful Brother Norman (and I have no chance of spelling his last name, but it is something German).


Newly appointed Worshipful Master Phil Carrey and outgoing master Fred Statler.


Master Counciler of Troy DeMolay, Sean, performing the flag ceremony

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason