I haven't bumped my blog in a while. There just wasn't much I felt like saying after dealing with the funeral and all of that. However, in time, you move on with your life and try to keep Steven's memory alive by living life the way he did; full of joy, love, and happiness. He was so much fun to be around that everyone gravitated to him just to feel that joy.

It is now our responsibility to live our lives the same way.

Last evening I went to the Cardinals game with Marty and his family. Unfortunately I had to leave after the bottom of the 7th inning because Alex has to get up very early for school in the morning. It would have been almost another hour if we had stayed till the end of the game. That's ok, it was still a fun evening and I got to listen to the big finish while driving in my car. David Eckstein hit a single to end the game in the bottom of the 9th; sending everyone else home happy.

Just a reminder, I am having my first big movie showing on Saturday evening at the Masonic lodge in Troy. I am starting the showing at 6pm with an hour of cartoon shorts including "Duck Dodgers", "What's Opera Doc", and "One Froggy Evening". The feature will be "The Court Jester" with Danny Kaye. There is a suggested donation of $5 a ticket since this is a fundraiser for my sons youth group. We will be selling reasonably priced soda, popcorn, and candy at the event. I really hope you can come; I have always wanted to do a showing for a really large audience. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly with the event. I have a bunch of door prizes to give away and will be asking some movie trivia questions as well. Please let me know if you can make it I would love to see you there.

Finally, I will bump my blog with something funny. This has got to be about the best funny story I have ever read.

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and
spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you
help me? I promised a friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know
where I am."

The man below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately
30 feet about the ground. You are between 40 and 42 degrees north latitude and
between 58 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist."

I am," replied the man, "but how did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically
correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I
am still lost."

The man below responded, "You must be a manager."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going.
You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to
solve your problem. The fact is you are exactly in the same position you were in
before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason