I'm heading off to the Game Developers Conference tomorrow morning. I'm doing something a little different this year, I'm going to stay at my friend John Oberschelp's house and take public transportation to the convention center. This is the first time GDC has been directly in San Francisco before.

I'll bring my camera and try to take some nice snapshots to upload when I return. The company I work for just announced their public existance today, so I plan to just be keeping my head low to avoid the publicity hounds.

I got my Masonic ring on Friday and I'm quite delighted with it. It acts as an excellent reminder to me, all of the time, that I should act by the highest standard of ethical and moral conduct in both my public and private interactions. At first I thought it would be cool to meet a fellow freemason at the conference until I did a serious reality check. What are the chances that any other game developer is a Freemason? Considering our entire industry is founded by and embraces non-conformists I can't imagine any of my colleagues making the same decision I have. My decision is based primarily on the fact that I am quickly becoming an old man and I find comfort in doing old man things; like attending lodge night. Most of my 'colleagues' in the game industry are kids who were born long after I graduated from college.

We have some visitors in town from Zurich and next week I want to take them out for a nice evening on the town. I just haven't decided what that is going to be yet.

That got me thinking about my next visit to Europe. How much fun would it be to visit a lodge over there? If they would allow me in as a guest I think it would be incredibly interesting.

Ok, I've rambled enough. More later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason