Wow, get ready for dissapointment... First of all, I will not be geting Lasik eye-surgury. I had my pre-op exam yesterday and was informed I was not a good candidate. My vision is -8.5 diapters and my cornea isn't thick enough for the surgury. Apparently they would have to laser off so much of my eye to get it to focus I wouldn't have much left. Yeah...that sounds real good. They have another version of the surgury that I am supposedly qualified for called PK. However, in this scenario they just laser off the top of your eyeball and let it heal. It is painful, has a long recovery period, and has to be done one eye at a time over the course of many weeks. Blech, thanks, but no thanks. So, it's back to contact lenses and glasses for the rest of my life.

Now, about London. I won't be going to London. The busisness trip involves a group of people scattered all over the world. We all voted on the date and place. Then, the main people organizing it just unilaterally changed the meeting to Toronto, Canada at the last minute. I had already planned to take a couple of extra days, visit Oxford, and bring my 18 year old son along to share the trip. That is now all off. I've never been to Canada, so I'll make the best of that trip as I can.

Now, finally the St. Louis Cardinals. I attended the first two games of the division series against LA. I cheered as we won the first two games of the championship series against the Houston Astros. However, now we have lost three straight, the last two just total heartbreakers.

I don't know if I can stand much more dissappointment this week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason