Just a brief post. First of all, I am reading my friend David Metzener's weblog and he is doing a great job keeping up with the election news with great links and commentary. Over the weekend, let's see, what did I do. On Saturday I attended the High School band competition in Washington, Missouri to watch my daugher compete. On Sunday our company got tickets to Six Flags for all of the employee's and their family. The park was closed to the public and the kids could ride every ride in the park, over and over again, without any lines. So they did. Me, I don't do amusement park rides, I just hiked around the park and got my exercise.

Yesterday I took my kids out of school and took them down to the Cardinals first division series playoff game. It was unbelievable! The Cardinals rocked the Dodgers with five home runs! My kids had a fantastic time and were very appreciative.

I'm taking my friend David Whatley to game two tomorrow evening. I want us to win a world series so bad it hurts!

I just found out today I will likely be flying to London on November 4th to attend a business meeting. It's weird, because it doesn't really cost any more to go to London for a meeting than it does to fly out to LA. I'll probably stay an extra day or two and do some sight seeing. I'm especially looking forward to going to the British Museum and seeing all the old stuff.

I don't know if I mentioned it on the blog, but I have decided to get Lasik eye surgery on October 20th. It's taken me years to get up the courage to do this, and now I'm finally going through with it. My vision is -7 diapters which is, well, it's pretty damned bad. I'm going to TLC, the most expensive place there is. Let's hope 'most expensive' = 'best results'. Oh well, if I go blind I'll be sure and let you all know.

Over the weekend a message forum I frequent from time to time imploded. The message forum is called CARM, which stands for the 'Christian Apologetics Research and Ministry'. It's quite odd. It is basically a militant Christian group that thinks there is no reason not to be on the offensive defending your religious beliefs. They actively invite atheists into their forums to engage in a moderated exchange. Or, at least that is what used to happen. Over the last week or so, the guy who owns the website decided to make the point that atheists don't have any morals, since they don't subscribe to Christianity. Meanwhile, in contrast, Christians have absolute morals and can be trusted implicitely in their words and deeds. This led to a huge debate, none of which I actually read because I have a life. In fact, the only reason I frequent the forum is to crack wise-ass jokes that most people take as serious commenatary; which, at the end of the day, I find mildly entertaining. I'm easily amused.

I would go by the forum about once every few months, reply to a top level thread with some outragous rhetoric and then move on. What happened this weekend was the guy who runs the forum was apparently losing the debate and decided the best thing to do was to start banning people. He kicked half of the active membership off in a few days which, I suppose, means he 'won' the argument.

Again, I remain amused.

Now, all these people who got kicked off had nowhere to go and vent, so I did a quick google search and in three clicks of a mouse button had set up my own personal message forum. AARM, the "Atheist Apologetics Research and Ministry". It, like CARM, is mildly amusing too...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason