Wow! I just spent a bunch of money I really didn't have to spend. I have been following an auction on ebay for a film. I haven't bought a new film in quite some time. Now, this film would really fill a giant hole in my collection but the last time a copy sold on Ebay it went for $1,200!

The film was at $250 for most of the auction; but what does that really mean? All of the action is in the last 30 seconds. In the last couple of hours it got bid up to $450 and I thought it might end there. Finally, with a minute left I bid $650 and found out that wasn't high enough to be the winning bid. I bumped it to $740 before it was enough to be the high bidder. This was with the timer ticking down to the last second.

Finally, somebody put in a higher bid and won it for $755. Still a relative bargain considering what the last copy sold for. I figured it was just as well, I didn't have the money to spend anyway. Then, less than five miniutes after the auction was over I get a "second chance offer" from the seller. Turns out the winning bidder didn't come through. I thought about it for a while and didn't plan on paying the $740 if that represented an amount that got bumped up by a shill bidder. However, there were a lot of bidders on the auction and the second highest next to me had bid just as high. So, I pulled the trigger.

I previously have purchased from this seller a mint condition print of "101 Dalmations" and "Pinnochio". I now have added to my collection of classic animation the incredible Disney film "The Little Mermaid"!!!!

I'm going to sell some of my other prints to help offset the costs for this. I'm going to sell my prints of "The Hobbit", "Raisin In the Sun", "Pygmallion", and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". All of these combined probably still won't add up to $750, but it will get me a lot of the way there I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason