Wow, blogger's site has completely changed! I hope I can still manage using it. Not that I post too often anyway...

My print of "The Little Mermaid" showed up today and it is fantastic!!! A small green emulsion line for about the first 8 minutes and after that it is perfect! I love musicals, at least if they have great music. And I love this film!! My collection of Disney prints is now quite excellent.

I own "Pinnochio", "101 Dalmations", "Lady and the Tramp", and now "The Little Mermaid". All of my Disney prints except for "Lady and the Tramp" came from one ebay seller, "Dharmakitty". Thanks Jeff!! I don't know where he steals, ahem, 'gets', his prints; but they are unsurpassed! I have one other classic animated film "The Secret of Nimh" which is a Don Bluth production. I love that movie, and my print has perfect LPP color but, sadly, quite a bit of wear.

I am selling four other prints to raise money to pay for my "Little Mermaid". I am selling "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", "A Raisin in the Sun", "The Hobbit", and "Pygmallion". All of them are 'problem prints' (faded, poor contrast, or heavy wear); with the exception of "The Raisin in the Sun" which is near mint. I enjoyed "The Raisin in the Sun"..... once. I can't really imagine watching it again, and, again, and again.

You have to really love a movie to pay nearly a grand for it on 16mm and keep it as part of your permanant collection.

Speaking of expensive prints that I enoy watching again, and again, and again..next Friday I am showing my IB Technicolor print of "The Court Jester" at "The Caregivers Inn" a Senior Citizens Center near my home. My son Alex is going to help me with the showing.

Well, that's all the news that's fit to print. I finally got my photos of Cancun but haven't taken the time to format and upload them to the my website yet. And, tomorrow I'm getting dental work done. I hate dentists!! And, on Saturday my daughter has a piano recital. So, there is enough trivia to fill a blog post for the evening.

Ok, I just messed with blogger a little bit and was finally able to edit one of my very old posts to fix some dead links. I also revised my 'features.jpg' image to reflect my recent adjustments to my 16mm collection.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planetside Screenshots

Ten Reasons *NOT* to become a Freemason